Earlier thoughts consisted of desires to 'shop till I drop' come January 1st. I would day dream about new clothes and actually being able to purchase something when I see it in the shop. Although these thoughts occur every so often six months on, they are much less intense and occur so rarely that I hardly even notice when they do.
I was recently day dreaming about the day I get to purchase a new item in order to achieve a different look. It bothered me briefly but then I realized I had so many clothes, and so many different types of clothes, that creating a different look with the clothes I already had would be easy.
Considering I own 5 blazers, all unique in shape, style and colour, along with high waisted jeans and fancy tops, how did I think I couldn't change or alter my look with all of them in my wardrobe?
From setting myself this challenge I've learnt that I don't need to go shopping for new clothes to create a contrasting look for myself. All I have to do is rummage around in my wardrobe and put various items together (as well as wear more of my clothes.) I have so many items that I've only worn a few times. I can't be the only girl who has a wardrobe full of stuff I've only worn once, or a few times. Can I?
Six months into the challenge I've started making a detailed shopping list devised into sections (shoes, jumpers, accessories etc) and the only thing on it is a pair of converse. They're on the shopping list because they are a necessity. (Or at least will be when I throw out my other two pairs of converse that I've had for six years. One pair has the inside coming out and the other pair has a hole in the back to them.) They'll be alright for the rest of the year but after January they'll be even more battered. I'm considering converse a necessity because they're my favourite shoes to drive in.
I'm learning a lot from taking so much away from myself. My detailed shopping list is practically empty because I have the question 'Do I really need this?' written at the top i.e. I'm not buying a want unless it's a need. (And yes, I consider a new pair of high heels a need if my other pairs break or wear!)
No comments:
Post a Comment