I have a habit of always wearing the same clothes from my wardrobe. I wear them, put them in the wash, get new clothes from the 'clean and ironed pile' and then go back to wearing my original few outfits, without even opening my drawers or wardrobe. And so the cycle goes. Yet, I still buy new clothes. Used to.
In the past I have been sucked in by various deals; especially by deals in 'Boots'. I love 'Boots' and the '3 for 2' deals get me every time. My very curly hair requires particular hair products that are a little more expensive than most. I think the hair products deals were fair enough, it was when I began getting other 'back-up' products that things started to get a little silly. I ended up with spare products almost every time I went in there, not to mention doubles and triples of the same products. My hair products deals extended to back-ups of body lotions, hand creams, make-up and skin care products.
The product buying got so ridiculous that I have a 'spare products drawer' in my room now. The contents of it has gone way down since January but it's still ridiculous in my opinion.
![]() |
| The 'Spare Products Draw' January 5th. |
![]() |
| The 'Spare Products Draw' June 1st. |
When I came up with my resolution to put a stop to my unnecessary purchasing, I also decided to just halt the new clothes as well. I want to feel like I'm getting the most out of my purchases and by buying more I don't feel that will.
So far I've stuck to my resolution. To be honest, I don't even want to buy anything new. However, flicking through magazines and some window shopping can, and sometimes does, cause mini-tantrums (in my head) but they soon pass.


No comments:
Post a Comment